Congratulations on your engagement!
The journey you are about to embark on will be full of excitement, happiness, and plenty of decision making. First up, venue selection. We want to share just a few tips that may help make this process stress-free and fun!
Selecting the perfect venue
Before you start booking tours with your favorite venues, it’s a great idea to make a complete list of questions to ask when visiting. This process is sometimes overwhelming and you may forget to ask the right questions in the moment. Having a list will keep you on point and help you make your final decision.
- Know your style. What kind of wedding do you visualize? Rustic, classic, eclectic, modern, etc.? Now that you can visualize your style, selecting the right venue will be made much easier.
- Can the venue accommodate the size of your party? Be careful if it gets too snug – consider temperature and comfortability of your guests. Don’t be afraid to ask for a sample floor plan of what the space will look like with your party size. You want to have plenty of room to bust a few moves on the dance floor.
- Know your non-negotiables.
- Is the perfect date more important than the perfect venue? You may have to be flexible.
- It’s a great idea to discuss what the most important detail to each the bride and groom is. For example, an open premium bar may be most important to the groom, while having chiavari chairs is most important to the bride. Find a venue that can make both come to fruition.
- Do you want to work with vendors provided by you? If so, a full service venue may not be for you.
- Can the venue fully execute your vision? Are they flexible with the setup? Also, be sure to ask if you are able to extend your rental if the party goes late.
- Be sure to find out everything that is included. Tables, chairs, linens, plateware, etc. Some full service venues will offer more of these items, while some venues are a blank canvas and rely on the couple to provide most everything.
- Before committing to a venue, ask that they put an estimated costs invoice for you. This will help keep your budget in check and ensure hidden fees don’t pop up unexpectedly.
- Think the logistics through.
- What type of parking is available? Some venues will have a separate lot, while others will just have street parking. If that is the case, be sure to ask about valet being an option for your guests.
- How many bathrooms are on site? Are they handicapped accessible?
- How many people are visiting from out-of-town? Is the venue close to an airport or convenient for all guests to get to? It’s a good idea to ask about nearby hotels and shuttle service.
- If hosting a ceremony and reception at the same venue, be sure to ask if both events will take place in the same space. And, if so, how long it will it take the staff to flip the room for the reception.
In meeting with our clients, we understand the importance for your event to really embody and represent you as a couple. It is all in the details to highlight your personality and showcase uniqueness.
Trends we are seeing this year…
- It is all about the party! We continue to see couples place a large amount of their budget on the reception space, catering/bar packages and DJ services to create a lasting impression for each of their guests.
- The search for an unforgettable, unique venue! While hotels, banquet halls, and country clubs are still very desirable, many couples are searching for a space that really represents their personalities. The couples that visit our beautiful Barnett on Washington are searching for a space that their guests will not soon forget. A space that has character, history, and a natural elegance.
- Classic weddings are in. Over the past several years, casual weddings have been very popular. Now, it seems the classic, or more traditional wedding is making its way back.
- Food creativity. Couples are getting creative with their food choices and how the food is presented. Popular styles have been food stations with smaller tastings, to family style seated dinners. Family style dinners keep the table engaged and the conversation flowing.
Cheers to an unforgettable wedding journey!